Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Borrowed Words

This past Sunday during worship the chorus sang the words to the "Prayer for Peace of Saint Francis of Assisi". These words are not my own - but they need to be shared, especially now it seems. May you find blessing in them:

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

1 comment:

Tammy M. said...

I love this prayer. I also love your previous post. I was talking to someone the other day and they were speaking about their family member who was bound for the mission field and how they would miss their family and those words came to my head, I said that is your sacrifice to God, is to support your sister in her choice to follow God's calling. It is hard to let our family members go, but like Mother said, they all go, some go with marriage, some go with God, and some both.