Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For Earth Day


























"I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs.
I will put in the desert
the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set pines in the wasteland,
the fir and the cypress together,
so that people may see and know,
may consider and understand,
that the hand of the Lord has done this,
that the Holy One of Israel has created it."

--Isaiah 41:18-20 (NIV)

We are stewards of God's earth, ruling over that which is not ours. "You [God] made humans ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under our feet: All flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas," Ps 8:6-8.

Let us be good stewards of the gifts God has given us. Let us not abuse, abandon, neglect, misuse or take for granted any of these amazing gifts of creation. Amen

1 comment:

kt and linda said...

I'm looking for you...your footprint...somewhere must be...lightly falling...but I haven't found it yet... <3